[Nfb-announce] Fw: Information to distribute about Non 24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri Feb 18 02:52:21 UTC 2011

We have been asked to circulate the following:

Dave

Again, Thank you for offering to distribute
information about the study we are conducting
that is testing an experimental treatment for
individuals who are blind and suffer from a sleep
disorder known as Non-24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder
in the Chicago area. I have copied and pasted the
announcement below and attached it and the
information packet about this disorder to this
email. You can also read more about the drug on
clinical trials.gov. The link to this website is
as follows:
<http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01163032?term=vanda&rank=2>http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01163032?term=vanda&rank=2.

A few things to note about this trial:
    * The site will arrange and cover the cost
for all transportation to and from the site for
participants and guardians. Any other necessary
travel arrangements (ie. guide dogs, hotel) will be accommodated.
    * There is compensation for participation in the trial.
    * Please note that it is possible that some
people may report having some light perception,
but also have sleep issues (e.g.  trouble falling
asleep, trouble staying asleep, daytime
sleepiness, etc.); we would encourage these
people to call the 1800 number on the
announcement, as it is still possible that they could qualify for the trial.

  We really appreciate you helping us spread the
word about this clinical trial. If you have any
questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
contact me by phone at 240-599-4517 by email at
<mailto:adrienne.annison at vandapharma.com>adrienne.annison at vandapharma.com.
Thank you so much for all your help.

STUDY ANNOUNCEMENT:

Clinical Research Study Recruitment

Blind individuals with no light perception needed.

A local doctor is conducting research to evaluate
a new investigational treatment for insomnia and
daytime sleepiness in individuals who are totally blind.

Individuals may qualify who:

• are between 18 and 75 years of age

• are blind with no light perception

• have trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness

Participants will be compensated for their time
and effort and will receive study medication and
study-related medical evaluation at no cost.

For more information

Call 1-888-389-7033

M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET

Adrienne Annison

Executive Assistant

Vanda Pharmaceuticals

9605 Medical Center Drive – Suite 300 – Rockville, MD 20850

<mailto:Adrienne.annison at vandapharma.com>Adrienne.annison at vandapharma.com

240-599-4517