[NFB-Announce] FW: Eclipse radio show

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 18 15:22:39 UTC 2024

From: President Capital chapter <president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com <mailto:president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com> >
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2024 8:40 AM
To: Danielsen, Chris <CDanielsen at nfb.org <mailto:CDanielsen at nfb.org> >
Subject: Eclipse radio show

Hello,

Many people all over our country are gearing up and getting excited for the upcoming eclipse that will take place on Monday, April 8. And as blind people, many of us are just as excited and curious to join in and participate in this rare event. if you would like to learn more about how we can be full active participants and enjoy the eclipse like our sighted peers, please join the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio as we present our monthly radio show on Voicecorps. Voicecorps is a local radio reading service that is based in Columbus, Ohio. Every month, I have the honor of hosting a show on behalf of our affiliate, and this month I am very pleased to share with all of you my exciting guest. I will be joined by Dr. Trae Winter of ARISA Lab. Dr. Winter is an astrophysicist who specializes in solar activity. He and his team are conducting experiments and sponsoring activities to allow blind people to become active researchers and full participants during the eclipse. He will let all of our listeners know what they can do to be a part of this exciting event. I will also have a representative from the state of Ohio to talk about what we are doing in our state to help make the eclipse more accessible. Even those of you who are not located in Ohio may find this interesting as well.

The show will be broadcast live this Wednesday, March 20, at 11:00 AM Eastern.  You can listen to the show by going to  voicecorps.org or by enabling the Voicecorps skill on any Alexa device. You can also find Voicecorps on Tune-In.

I am very excited about this month’s show, and I hope that all of you will be able to listen in.

Annette Lutz

President

Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

614-288-4323

President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com <mailto:President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com>

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.