[NFB-Arkansas] Fwd: [NFB-Talk] ScripTalk

Donna Walker walkercutoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:13:41 UTC 2021

This would be a great presentation for people that haven’t heard about the service. Thought I would forward and share.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steve Cook via nFB-Talk <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
Date: October 13, 2021 at 5:48:52 AM CDT
Cc: Steve Cook <stanley7709 at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFB-Talk] ScripTalk

Hi Federation Family & Friends!

ScripTalk!

At Septembers Tec training, we had a discussion on how to distinguish your different medications. We thought we would set up a webinar that would assist individuals on a way to do this!

On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 10:00AM eastern. The Computer Science & Technology Division will have a representative from En-Vision America  to tell us all about ScripTalk!

ScripTalk Talking Labels
If you or a loved one has trouble reading prescription medication labels then ScripTalk is the solution for you. This is a FREE, easy-to-use service available at thousands of pharmacies throughout the United States and Canada that will read all your medication information out loud.

In the United States alone, the Food and Drug Administration estimates that about 1.3 million people are injured by medication errors each year.  For those who can’t see to read their medication labels, talking prescription labels can be crucial to ensuring medication safety and adherence.

No ScripTalk users reported experiencing a medication error related to mixing up medications or taking the wrong medication/dosage since using ScripTalk.

HOW IT WORKS
A pharmacist programs a small electronic label with all your prescription information, including drug name, dosage, instructions, warnings, pharmacy information, doctor name, prescription number, date and more. The tag relies on RFID and text-to-speech technology.

The pharmacist places the tag on your prescription medication and you can use a free mobile ScripTalk App to hear all the information read out loud. Simply download the App from the App Store or Google Play, click the “scan” button and hold the bottle up to either the front of the screen (iPhones) or back of the phone case near the camera (Androids).

Alternatively, the patient can use a ScripTalk Station, which is about the size of an old, portable CD player or phone message machine. Simply place the pill bottle on the machine and press the “Read” button. The two triangle buttons on either side of the oval read button can be used to jump forward or back through the prescription information. There is small wheel on the right side of the machine which can be moved to turn the machine on and turn up the volume.

Federation Center

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09
Meeting ID: 803 254 3777 Passcode: 124578
One tap mobile +19292056099,,8032543777# US (New York)

Steve Cook
District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!
Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center
Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any of the below links!
National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book
Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center
South Carolina Association of Blind Students
South Carolina Parents of Blind Children

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nFB-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/walkercutoff%40gmail.com