[NFB-Arkansas] 2023 state convention headcount

Cindy Scott-Huisman crsh at att.net
Tue May 31 21:44:08 UTC 2022

I am collecting feedback about attendance for the 2023 Arkansas state convention. I originally contacted several leaders in our community and I did hear back about folks attending who work for DSB, the At Large chapter, and from several in the Central Arkansas chapter.

So, if you are part of the group who have already responded, disregard this message.

We are starting to look at potential sites, and we need some idea of how many to plan for. You would not be obligated to attend, if you speak up at this time. We just need an estimate of how many may attend.

There are 2 parts to this question. We want to know how many will attend, and also, how many sleeping rooms we will need to put into a room block. So, if you think you’ll need a hotel room, let us know how many. The estimated head count we got from DSB included how many may attend, but did not specify if any would need to stay overnight. Does anyone know if anyone who works for DSB lives far enough away that they would stay overnight?

At this point, the tentative dates for convention next year are, March 30 through April 2, in Little Rock.

You may reply to this message, or if you want to let me know privately, you can email crsh at att.net or call, 501-920-7454

Thank you so much for taking a moment to help us get the plan going!!!

Cindy Scott-Huisman

Central Arkansas Chapter, president

National Federation of the Blind

Life is short and dictation is faster — please pardon any errors.