[NFB-Arkansas] Reminder: Announcing the 2023 NFB of Arkansas State Convention

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 02:30:45 UTC 2023

The National Federation of the Blind of Arkansas State Convention is the
largest gathering of blind people in the state. It is the premier event for
training, support, and information for the blind community. It also serves
as a governing body, democratically electing our leadership and establishing
each year's organizational priorities.

National Federation of the Blind of Arkansas 2023 State Convention

Thursday, March 30 through Sunday, April 2, 2023
Theme: Success for You and Me with the NFB 2023!

Register and make a difference in the lives of blind Arkansasans!

The 2023 State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Arkansas will be held at:
Four Points by Sheraton Little Rock Midtown
925 South University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72204

Note: The agenda will be finalized, distributed, and posted on the state
website in early to mid March. Yes, the agenda will be available on
NEWSLINER too!

Here is your chance to participate and learn more about the NFB's programs
and goals on the state and national level. Hear from the NFB national
representative. Also, hear from speakers on topics of national and state
importance, membership, seniors, technology, Braille, students, guide dog
users, merchants, and parents' concerns, meet the scholarship class of 2023
and much more!

Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2023 State
Convention of the NFB of Arkansas. Get involved. Make a difference! Please
share with others, everyone is welcome!

Room Reservations

The Four Points by Sheraton Little Rock Midtown is now accepting room
reservations for the State Convention. To make your reservation 24 hours a
day, 7 days a week, please dial 800-721-7033 and use the group name of
National Federation of the Blind of Arkansas, or visit
<https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1666201026044&key=GRP>
https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1666201026044&key=GRP. The best
time to call is during regular business hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. The 2023
room rate is $119 a night. Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state
and local taxes, which at present is 8.63% and will be in effect at the time
of check-out.

For those considering arriving early, there is a limited number of available
guest rooms as another group will be occupying most of the hotel on
Wednesday, March 29. Don't hesitate, please make your room reservations as
soon as possible. Our block of rooms are available until Wednesday, March 1,
and any remaining rooms will become available to the general public. You
will need a credit card to secure your reservation, There will be no charge
to your card until you arrive at the hotel. In addition, there are a limited
number of wheelchair accessible rooms and if needed, make it known when you
are making your room reservation.

Note: if you can not attend and you have made hotel reservations, don't call
the hotel to cancel. Please call Nena Chadwick at 479-435-8348. Nena usually
has a waiting list to review as many learn about the State Convention after
Wednesday, March 1.

Registration

 <https://nfbar.org/state-convention/registration> Online registration is
now open for the 2023 NFB of Arkansas State Convention! Registration with
the convention is required in order to be eligible for our discounted room
rates at the hotel.

Please note that the reduced convention registration rate of $65 per person
will only be available up through Tuesday, February 28 when the online
registration form closes. all on site registrations will incur an additional
charge of $10 per person. This year's registration rate includes the cost of
a banquet meal and the entry fee for the auction. So don't delay, register
for the convention today!

Opportunities for Sponsors & Exhibitors

Do you want to be a sponsor or exhibitor for the state convention? Then
visit the appropriate links below for more information:

*	 <https://nfbar.org/state-convention/sponsors> 2022 NFBAR Sponsor
Opportunities (HTML)
*	 <https://nfbar.org/state-convention/exhibitors> 2022 NFBAR State
Convention Exhibitor Opportunities (HTML)

State Convention Donations

The National Federation of the Blind promotes and educates the public about
blindness. Our goal is to reach out to all the communities across Arkansas
to find and support blind individuals. The main hurdle is not the lack of
eyesight, it is the lack of information and education. Our goal is to change
that in Arkansas.

The 2023 National Federation of the Blind of Arkansas State Convention will
be held, March 30 through April 2, 2023. Our State Convention is an
educational opportunity that teaches new and upcoming assistive technology,
blindness awareness, and innovative ways to cope with the daily challenges
that the blind community faces. This convention provides blind and
low-vision adults, children, and parents of blind children the opportunity
to meet, socialize, and support each other.

We are asking for your help with the 2023 Arkansas State Convention. We need
donations for our auction and door prizes. A broad range of demographics
will be attending, so we are seeking a variety of donations, to help make
this vital fundraiser a success!

The membership of this movement would like to take this time to "Thank you"
for your consideration.

If you would like more information about the National Federation of the
Blind, you can visit our National website at  <https://www.nfb.org/>
www.nfb.org or our State website at  <https://www.nfbar.org/> www.nfbar.org.

For any questions on how to donate, please call or email:

Nena Chadwick, President
National Federation of the Blind of Arkansas
Phone: 479-435-8348
Email:  <mailto:nchadwick at nfbar.org> nchadwick at nfbar.org

Code of Conduct

As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also
represent our greater organization. We want you to enjoy our time together
and to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage
members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides a valuable
opportunity to come together to continue the work of our organization, to
learn about the important initiatives that we are involved with on local and
national levels, and to plan our work for the future.

The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention
environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers,
exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company
of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and
professionalism. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold
that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore
specifically prohibited:

*	harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity,
language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, physical appearance, or other group identity
*	harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention,
stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
*	public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence,
yelling, hostility, destruction of property)

Participants are expected to abide by these rules and behaviors in all
convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and social events.
Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers
hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately. We are committed to
diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. Please visit
<https://nfb.org/code-conduct> https://nfb.org/code-conduct for more
information.

Additional Information

Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Check
back often. For more information, please contact us at 479-435-8348 or
<mailto:nchadwick at nfbar.org> nchadwick at nfbar.org.