[NFB-Arkansas] Fw: #NFB23 Virtual Experience Information: First Event this Week!

Brent Philpot bphilpot642 at att.net
Tue Jun 20 13:18:44 UTC 2023

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

On Monday, June 19, 2023, 4:01 PM, National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org> wrote:

|   |

|  |

Details for the National Convention Virtual Experience Available

The 2023 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind is almost here. Thank you for being part of the virtual experience; below is an outline of opportunities to note. We encourage you to share this information with chapter members who may not receive emails but will participate in the virtual experience via phone.

Pre-Convention Activities

Participate in the following activities as we build excitement for convention:

   - Resolutions 101: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 8:00 p.m. Zoom meeting ID 963 6181 5274
   - Sponsor Preview: Tuesday, June 27, 8:00 p.m. eastern Zoom meeting ID 973 2565 2029
   - Exhibitor Preview: Wednesday, June 28, 8:00 p.m. eastern Zoom meeting ID 922 2296 5861

Virtual Experience Schedule

There will be a virtual experience component each day of the convention. As a reminder, this is not a hybrid convention.

   - Exclusive Virtual Activities: Hospitality Suite, Division Day Showcase, Meet Dan O’Rourke
   - Resolutions Committee Meeting
   - Board Meeting: An open session with presentations from leaders of the Federation.
   - General Sessions: The largest portion of the agenda where all attendees come together for ceremonies, Federation reports, special speakers, and more!
   - Banquet: This red-carpet event includes the President’s banquet address and award presentations.

Review the National Convention Virtual Experience agenda and details.

Host a Banquet Party

Please share if you are hosting a banquet party with members near you! Fancy clothes and gourmet food are optional. If you and your local fellow Federationists are getting together, we’d love to join you. During the event, we will drop into banquet parties across the country for a chance to say hello to the whole convention. Submit the National ConventionBanquet Party Form by June 21.

Request for Volunteers

Each year, hundreds of volunteers help make convention a big success. We are still seeking volunteers to assist with live Spanish interpreting in several general sessions and the resolutions committee meeting. If you are bilingual in English and Spanish and interested in volunteering, please reach out to dmccann at nfb.org or (410) 659-9314 extension 2401. Thank you in advance for contributing your time and talents!

Thank You to the Sponsors of the 2023 National Convention

We greatly appreciate the 2023 National Convention Sponsors who support the work of the Federation.

More Information

We look forward to your participation. Share your excitement by posting on social media using the hashtag #NFB23. Follow the conversation, ask questions, and share fun expectations. More information can also be found at https://nfb.org/convention as itbecomes available.

|   |

| National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314  |
|  Unsubscribe | OptOut |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter  |
|  200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States..  |