[NFB-Arkansas] Fw: Build an Accessible Future with Us

Brent Philpot bphilpot642 at att.net
Thu May 18 18:08:17 UTC 2023

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

On Thursday, May 18, 2023, 1:06 PM, National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org> wrote:

|   |

|  |

Celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day

Marked the third Thursday of each May, Global Accessibility Awareness Day is a time to promote accessibility through public outreach. The National Federation of the Blind advocates for accessibility, collaborates with organizations and entities to prioritize it, and provides accessible opportunities for all blind people to live the lives they want.

Join the celebration today and every day as we build an accessible America.

Advocacy

Websites are required by law to be accessible. Without implementing regulations, most businesses and retailers have little understanding of what accessible means. The National Federation of the Blind supports the Websites and Software Applications Accessibility Act that, when signed into law, will end website and mobile application inaccessibility for blind Americans. Read and share our recent coalition statement.

Upcoming Events

Learn more about accessibility each month through our Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access events, or at the largest event of the year.

   - TODAY: May 18, 3:00 p.m. Eastern: Global Accessibility Awareness Day Section 508 Webinar with the U.S. Access Board (Recording and transcript will be made available).
   - May 30, 2:00 p.m. Eastern: Accessibility Boutique on Meeting Platforms (Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams). Learn about main features, state of accessibility of each platform, and major changes since 2020.
   - July 1-6, 2023, National Convention, Houston, Texas; online registration available until May 31. Plan your travels and register today for #NFB23. Virtual experience also available.

Parents of Blind Children: Learn about our accessible education summer programs through the NFB BELL® Academy and STEM2U.

Give and Double Your Dollars

Support the organized blind movement with a chance to win a cash prize or a trip to next year’s convention through the Give $20 Convention Drawing and Aira Matching Gift. Aira has generously agreed to match up to $25,000 of donations given between May 1 and July 6, 3:00 p.m. Central. Thank you, Aira! Learn more and enter the Give $20 drawing.

Thank you for your support and participation in Global Accessibility Awareness Day with the National Federation of the Blind. Learn more about #GAAD at https://accessibility.day.

|   |

| National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314  |
|  Unsubscribe | OptOut |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter  |
|  200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States..  |