[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Making Braille Symbols in Print

sarah at sarahblakelarose.com sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
Sun Jun 23 18:02:59 UTC 2019

If you export a brf file, all you get is computerized gibberish. The simbrl font is the best option I have used. If you are working with English braille, this is the best general option. It is not sophisticated and I don't think it will effectively show how braille looks in contracted forms or foreign languages. However, there are Unicode symbols for every braille cell and if you wish to get sophisticated you can learn how to input them.

Rev. Sarah Blake LaRose, D.Min.
professor (biblical studies/theology), braille transcriber, writer/speaker
http://www.sarahblakelarose.com
sarah at sarahblakelarose.com