[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Plans For Another Braille Summit

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 6 19:37:49 UTC 2020

I absolutely think it's time for another braille summit.

I would include the topics that were discussed six years ago, as well as braille use discrimination (see my other thread) and the braille literacy crisis among blind children. I would also want the critical shortage of qualified braille teachers to be discussed. I would want participants to see how braille illiteracy is connected to the 70% unemployment rate among the blind.

I would definitely invite parents and blind children to the event, especially blind parents. I would also include educators of blind children and TVIs.

I think the NFB should play a central role, especially NAPUB and NOPBC.

Jen

spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net