[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Literacy for Adult Learners

Debbie Gabe dgabe808 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 00:23:42 UTC 2021

Hi Sanho,
We talk about braille. People who come to the meeting range from those who
learned braille as young kids to adults just now beginning to learn braille
and everyone I inbetween.  So far we have talked about all the ways we use
braille, hand and upper body position to read braille,checking on if your
touch is light enough, memory devices for certain braille contractions - it
all depends on questions people have. We've talked a little bit about the
UEB code changes, because many people have not learned that yet. So if you
have specific questions, join us and bring them up. Of if you read fluently,
come and offer advice and support to those who are struggling.

Debbie