[NFB-Braille-Discussion] reader as a TTY device

Ken Lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 15:41:19 UTC 2022

Hi NFB braille users ken here with a question.  Tried this by enabling the software TTY function on my Iphone and it didn’t work.  Does anyone know if the NLS braille Ereader can be used as a TTY device on an iPhone if the hardware based TTY function is enabled.  Also if so, if I use the contracted/UEB braille will it translate?  My phone is set for six dot UEB and when I have used the reader on a computer with it’s USB functions for practice to find out what the reader can and can’t do replying to a comment or commenting on facebook it did translate even though I brailled in contracted UEB.  Anyone know if it’s possible to use the reader as a TTY with the iPhone?

Sent from Mail for Windows