[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Seeking organizations or foundations to help in promoting Braille here in Mexico

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:05:29 UTC 2022

Gera (Gerardo) from Tampico, located in Northeastern/eastern Mexico saying hello, with a question of any of you guys might know of an organization or foundation that would be willing to help in a project here in Mexico (of course I’d start it at the local level first), to promote Braille? Sadly here in Mexico, the general consensus is that Braille is dead; that audio is beter, etc etc. So I’ve a podcast and online community “forallAccesible” as a starting point for this, thus among the goals of this project would be
1.-firstly I’d need to acquire myself a Braille display (if possible, I’d like the Chemillion20), that would allow me to record podcast (be video and audio), in which I could showcase the benefits of Braille in this modern day and age. Braille is no longer limited to books or other material that had to be Brailled, thus if I could get that point across, hopefully Braille’s attitude could be turned around, thus kids and why not adults, could be motivated to learn this essential skill.
2.-along with the prior goal, to the deserving people (be for school or work), that a Braille display could be provided. Of course justifying its use, if the peson would be willing to care for it, and of course use it for it sintended purposes. Here in Mexico, there is no government or agency that provides help to the blind; equipment needed, we have to scratch our nails to get it by ourselves.
In essence, that’s the start of my projfect, thus feel free to write me off-list, so we can discuss it more-indepth.
Thanks for any help you guys might have.

Gera