[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Bluetooth Connectivity Issue with My Orbit Reader 20 Plus

Misty Kienzynski mkienzyn at alumni.iu.edu
Sat Mar 26 17:27:29 UTC 2022

Greetings.

I have had a persistent issue with my Orbit Reader 20 Plus not connecting to my iPhone 8 even though I have it set to Just Works and Automatic.

It says it’s connected but the Braille device is unresponsive.

I have talked to the folks at Orbit Research and Apple about this several times. The only conclusion Orbit reached is that it was an issue with my phone and the only solution Apple has come up with so far is doing a complete reset of my phone.

So, I’m asking you guys now about this as a last resort. Is there any other way other than doing that dreaded complete restore of my phone that might fix this issue?  Has anyone else ever dealt with this issue before?

And, yes, I do have the latest firmware installed.

Also, when I tried connecting my Orbit Reader 20 with another iPhone 8, it seemed to work just fine…

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

—
Misty Kienzynski
Bloomfield, IN