[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Braille and iOS

Ellen Ringlein germlish77 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:50:32 UTC 2022

Misty,

The easiest thing for you to do is to download books from Bookshare and transfer them onto your Orbit Reader. Once you log into Bookshare on their website, you can set various preferences. Choose Braille Ready format and set your BRF size and format to refreshable Braille with the number of cells your Orbit has. Then choose your Braille grade. Uncontracted UEB is one of the options. The files you download will then work with your Orbit and you can read the text in the Braille format of your choice. Partially contracted Braille is not available through Bookshare.

You can create your own partially contracted files using Duxbury. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to share more information.

Cordially,

Ellen.