[NFB-Braille-Discussion] dialing the phone with the reader

Ken Lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 23:06:53 UTC 2023

Hi ken here with a problem. I want to help a friend not only with her braille but her Iphone and this means also getting her local number for NFB newsline.  However, when I try to dial the number with the braille E reader even if I am entering the number sign I can’t seem to make the phone recognize numbers.  The voice-over is echoing back as if I were brailling into the phone but even if the number sign is entered on the reader it’s saying letters back not numbers is there something I need to do to make sure I can use the Ereader that way?  I can’t move fast enough trying to touch the numbers on the phone.  Eventually it says too many invallad numbers.  I want to show this person newsline on the phone, on the web, and on her echo and of course on the NLS Ereader if we do get her one.

Sent from Mail for Windows