[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Immersion

Ramona W walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:43:36 UTC 2024

Are you talking about the brand new learner of
Braille who is an adult?  Very few, if any, kids who learn Braille at a
young age will  experience fatigue if they are learning braille with
their schoolwork.  If we can get adults to relax hands and full bodies,
they will experience much less fatigue, both physical and mental.  Don't
know for sure what you mean by immersion.  If I read a lot because a
book is very exciting, I might need a break, whether the book is Braille
or recorded. I don't think there has been much research on any of this.
If research is done, I hope it will be done well.  Unfortunately, that
has not always been the case.

Best,

Ramona