[NFB-Braille-Discussion] Looking for some Input on Teaching Braille to a Low Vision Student

Jody ianuzzi thunderwalker321 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 21:14:59 UTC 2024

I can think of one message to the parents. To be perfectly blunt. My parents and many other parents had the same attitude towards their children's loss of vision. Vision loss is devastating enough without the added emotional complications of parents denial. My parents felt that way and I resent them for it 70 years later!

Maybe you could come right down and ask the parents how old they feel 70 years from now when their child Resents them for what they are doing today. Ask them what is really more important.
JODY

To Boldly Go  🖖🏻

thunderwalker321 at gmail.com

"What's within you is stronger than what's in your way."  NO BARRIERS  Erik Weihenmayer