[Nfb-cars] Gaining experience with driving

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 11 05:53:18 UTC 2009

hi,

speaking of something like this, i think blind people should know how a car
works in case the person they are with has a heart attack or something.
the person should pretend they are physically unable to operate the car and
the blind person could practice pulling the foot off of the gas
pedal/pushing the shifter to neutral and getting down to a slower speed and
moving onto the shoulder.

on the other hand, dr. mauer went overboard in believing the
public/insurance companies would allow blind people to drive or a car will
be built that will allow a blind person to drive.
half or more of the time, a driver has to react to the unexpected and a
system that depends on timing or sensors wouldn't avoid a potential wreck.
Bryan Schulz