[Nfb-coloradosprings] Improving Opportunities for We Who Are Blind

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Sat Nov 17 22:02:15 UTC 2012

Hello NFB-CS Members and Listers,

I'm passing along a note from the Ohio "Buckeye Update" which I just read.
As you may know, I have a 'slight' interest in our Ohio affiliate, having
spent the last 14 years there before moving here to Colorado Springs. As you
may also know, Kevan Worley is deeply involved with the Blind Merchants
division and goes all over the country to strengthen opportunities for blind
people. That said, here's the note from the most recent Ohio update, and
their new affiliate President, Eric Duffy:

"I participated in a conference call with Kevan Worley and some of
our Ohio Association of Blind Merchants members this week. We want to try to
reconstruct the relationship between blind Business Enterprise Program
operators and agency staff. We are prepared to offer quality training to
staff and operators if we can get the agency to agree to participate. I will
keep you updated on this issue."

Just wanted to let you know that your leaders here in the local NFB are
always working on improving life's opportunities for we who are blind. ;-)

See Y'all Soon!
Everett
everett at everettgavel.com
My New, Local Number: 719.510.8017