[Nfb-coloradosprings] Get Help with Math -- via the 'Blindmath Gems' Resource

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Wed Jan 1 11:15:36 UTC 2014

This is a resource that any blind college student can probably benefit from. So I'm making sure it's here for our regional students in The Springs. ;-)

Strive On!
Everett

Blindmath Gems
(From the Monitor Miniatures section of the Jan 2014 issue of the Braille Monitor.)

Al Maneki writes as follows:
For almost ten years the NFB has maintained the Blindmath listserv, a
lively exchange of worldwide postings on all topics mathematical. The
Blindmath archives are now ginormous. Finding anything of substance in them
can be a daunting task except for the most database-savvy users. Therefore,
in cooperation with the NFB Jernigan Institute, I have spent the last three
years combing through the Blindmath archives looking for and compiling the
most interesting and relevant postings. We have put this compilation on the
NFB's Blindscience.org website. Postings have been placed in different
categories that simplify user searches. Currently I have finished searching
the archives through 2011. What has happened too often before is that,
rather than searching the archives first, people in need of math-related
information have simply posted their questions on Blindmath. This has
resulted in repetitive queries with sometimes tired, old answers. Now,
before posting your question, please go to
<http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>. If you don't find what
you are looking for there, feel free to post your question to Blindmath.
It's possible that your question has already been answered, and I simply
failed to select your query. Let me apologize here in advance for any
failure or shortcoming on my part in my selection of postings. If you have
comments or questions about Blindmath Gems, please contact me at
<blmathgems at earthlink.net>. This is a special email address I have created
for Blindmath questions. For all other communications with me, please use
<apmaneki at earthlink.net>.