[NFB-Conventions] RI Convention Announcement

Grace Pires silvara at cox.net
Sat Aug 20 17:16:33 UTC 2022

Having a Voice - Accessibility, Inclusion, Determination!

Come join the 52nd annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind
of Rhode Island on Saturday, September 17, 2022, at the newly renovated
Radisson Hotel!

September is a month for new beginnings and new learning opportunities!!!

There will be opportunities to learn about the new accessible voter
equipment and new voting options.

Hear about legislative activity on the federal and state levels.

Hear the latest news from our national representative, Everette Bacon.

Participate in the election of officers to our affiliate board.

Get the latest updates from talking books plus, Accessible Pharmacy and
much more.

Connect with old friends and enjoy the opportunity to make new ones.

An exciting change this year - awards and keynote address will take place
during the luncheon, replacing the traditional banquet!

In addition, this year's convention is a hybrid one, increasing access for
everyone!

Location: Radisson Hotel

2081 Post Road, Warwick, RI, (401)739-3000

Time: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.

Coffee and pastry will be available starting at 8:00 am. Feel free to come
early and catch up with old friends and check out our exhibitors.

Registration fee is $30 for in person attendees, light breakfast and lunch
included

Virtual attendance is free, but donations are appreciated.

Deadline for in person registration is September 7, 2022.

Virtual registration will remain open through September 16. All registrants
are eligible to win our traditional door prizes. Must be present to win!

To request accommodations or if you have questions please contact the office
at (401)433-2606 or  <mailto:info at nfbri.org> info at nfbri.org.

You may register online at

 <http://nfbri.org/convention> http://nfbri.org/convention

For those who wish to pay via check, please make the check payable to NFB RI
and mail it to PO. Box 14404, East Providence RI 02914.

Please indicate either on the check memo that this is convention
registration or email the office .

We would like to express our gratitude to our sponsors for their financial
support.

FGX International

500 George Washington Highway, Smithfield, RI 02917

Democracy Live Inc.

2900 NE Blakeley St., Seattle, WA 98105

 <mailto:info at democracylive.com> info at democracylive.com