[nfb-db] phone calls on the go

Yirmiyah yfraynd5740 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:14:00 UTC 2009

Hi Haben and everyone,

Does text messaging mean that the other person also has to have a
mobile phone that receives text messages?  When I'm thinking of making
calls when I'm out, the main purpose would be for things like when I
have an appointment and my paratransit ride is running late, I want to
call the office and say that I'm on my way.  Or to call and find out
where paratransit is in the first place (smile).  How do you handle
those business-type things when you're out?  At home I use a TTY with
a large display and relay service, but I can't take it with me.

Thanks so much for the help!

Jeremy