[nfb-db] Deafblind Group Communication

Haben Girma habnkid at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 05:45:23 UTC 2009

Seems like you can look at two people by picking out similarities, or
picking out differences. I've wondered if people who are disabled and
belong to an ethnic minority find themselves more drawn to people of
their ethnicity or people who experience the same disability. It's
interesting to observe how in some situations a characteristic is used
to draw people together, but in other situations that characteristic is
overshadowed by a more powerful one that pulls the two groups apart.