[nfb-db] Conference Calls

Allison (NFBA) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:00:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm not deaf-blind, but I know there are various text chats online that one
could use for a group NFB meeting if the members were up for trying it.  I
can't imagine folks saying no to a request like that.  I think the TC Web
conferencing software has a text chat option.  Also TeamTalk.  These are
voice conferencing programs that have additional text chat components.
Instant
messaging programs like AIM and MSN also have text options, but I'm not
sure how accessible they are.  I've had some success with AIM, but I'm not
sure I'd say it was good enough to hold a meeting that way.  I'm sure others
with more online conferencing experience than I will have some suggestions.

HTH,
Allison