[nfb-db] Communication Options and Technology

Haben Girma habnkid at aol.com
Sun May 17 20:10:59 UTC 2009

John, when you travel around do you usually have the SBC hidden, or is
it visible? For instance, how did the guy know you had an SBC when you
were waiting for your paratransit ride?

And hey, thanks for sahring the strategy of asking a seatmate if they're
going to the baggage carousel. My strategy has been mainly to speed by
FAs even as they protest that I should wait for them to call assistance,
then when I'm safe and sound in the airport I ask the first staff member
I can find for directions. It had never occurred to me just ask the
person sitting next to me on the plane if they're going where I"m going.
That's a much easier solution. What do you do if it turns out they're
actually going somewhere else?

Haben