[nfb-db] Travel

Mussie gmussie9 at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 05:21:49 UTC 2009

John,
You have some good advice out there. First let me acknowledge that I don't
read your original posts in their entirety, so I may not always know what I
am responding to. So pardon me for the misunderstanding on your use of ASL.
I am preoccupied with other things, but I'll return to the discussion
shortly and clarify things further. I think I have learned a couple of
things from reading your messages on a variety of threads.
Let me quickly ask this: Does your state sponsor a SSP program? It is my
understanding that you do not always get a free ride and a free lunch, you
know, and you have to occasionally cover SSP expenses here in my area.
Also, your statement regarding websites for shopping or banking not being
accessible struck me, though I am not surprised. I have done shopping
in-store, but I am not one who enjoys the crowd and the hassle of dealing
with transportation. I still do shopping at the local stores, but a vast
majority of my shopping activities is done online. Banking is also done
online, but I cannot print out cash from my computer or deposit checks using
my computer, so I go into local branches. All bills are paid online, for I
get email bills for all utilities. But of course it is primarily because I
teach tech. I just wish there was a very simple way to handle bills and
everything else for make life easier and fully in control of the deaf-blind
individual.
Mussie