[nfb-db] Deafblind Group Communication

Haben Girma habnkid at aol.com
Thu May 28 09:03:42 UTC 2009

John, you mentioned somewhere that your wife is not your interpreter. I
imagine that you do find yourself occasionally in large social groups.
What do you do in these situations? Do you just sign to the people next
to you? Does your wife really not interpret at all what the people
across the table are signing? Of course if your wife were your
interpreter she would not get a chance to participate in the
conversation herself, but then how can you participate in the large
group conversation if someone does not interpret for you? I'm curious
specifically about informal groups of 4 to six friends.

Haben