[nfb-db] 1 ear and now 2 implants

Paul Migliorelli (+1 303-552-6970) paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Tue Sep 13 20:17:06 UTC 2011

Hi from Paul in Boulder.
Absolutely.  I had onset loss in right ear since age 10.  By 18 after
exploratory on the right, there was no more ability for equipment on that
side.  I started wearing bi cross Telex aids, mike on the right, sound
transferring over to the remaining left.  The left side eventually
dimished to slight residual.  In January 07, I got the first implant on
the right, excellent results.  Left ear done in July 08.   It's everything
I ever wanted, after 15 years of implant pursuit.  It's an everyday
learning adventure, and it's great.  I feel like I've had a totally
powerful physical head back to where it was before 1975 onset of loss.
It's definitely worth pursuing if the context is right.

Paulmigs Page And Blogg: www.samobile.net/users/paulmigs/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/paulmigs