[nfb-db] Voting

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Tue Nov 6 23:29:27 UTC 2012

Hi Keitei,
They have audible voting machines for the blind. I tried to use one
today because I use hearing aides and an FM system to hear.  I have in
the past been able to plug in my FM system into the jack where the
headphones are supposed to be plugged and been able to hear the
information fed directly into my hearing aides. However, today the
equipment was not working so I had to have my father or a voting
official (my choice-they said) to assist me with voting so that the
machine would not time out and prevent me from voting, since they didn't
appear to know how to solve the problem.
Individuals who are totally deaf and totally blind will need to have an
interpreter to read the ballot to them and make their selection.
Best Regards,
Janice