[nfb-db] More Travel Questions...

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Mon Apr 15 16:25:14 UTC 2013

I think that it is important to do what each feels safe doing. I feel
more independent with my guide dog or cane and holding onto somebodies
elbow who or talking to me via my FM system because I can't discern the
traffic on busy streets due to my severe hearing loss. I feel that it is
my choice to take the person's arm to further my independence.
Otherwise, I might as well not venture out to do the activities I need
to do that involve crossing streets on a daily basis. I consider the
ability to make choice  in how to be independent when dealing with my
deaf-blindness essential in developing a repertoire of coping skills.
Janice