[nfb-db] More Travel Questions...

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Mon Apr 15 20:07:47 UTC 2013

Hi Marsha,
I totally agree with what you had said on the NAGDU list and here. I get
frustrated by the NFB philosophy and others interpretations have taken
it to imply that the dependence is bad. However, I feel that each of us
know our own disability, what our strengths and weaknesses are and how
best to cope. In this way, we are independent because we exercise our
autonomy not only to act and choose for ourselves so that we can achieve
and aspire to do whatever we want. However, if we need help in
accomplishing these things, this does not diminish my value or worth
because this is how I am a self-reliant Deaf-blind woman.
Janice

>>> Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/OHRSC/>,