[nfb-db] PDF Documents and JAWS

M Lucca lucca.marisa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 18:43:16 UTC 2013

Hello Fellow NFB-DB Members,

I received a few PDF documents I need to read, but JAWS tells me the
documents are empty. The documents have text within their pages, and if one
clicks on a page, the whole page is selected. JAWS usually reads PDF
documents seamlessly, and I don't know why the software cannot read the
text. I need to contact the sender to retrieve accessible versions of the
documents, of course, but I was wondering if anyone could explain why JAWS
informs me the documents are empty. Also, how can one correct the PDF
documents to make them accessible to JAWS?

Thank you!

Marisa