[nfb-db] Questions About Getting Assistance Across Streets

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:38:50 UTC 2013

Carrie,

I agree with the other ladeis, you have a right to shop at that dollar store. You have the right to cross the street independently.

I guess I misunderstand. When you say that you want to go into the restaurant and ask for help. I am assuming you will ask an employee of the restaurant? Not a ordinary person? I have done this before and been able to do some education. I would say that its not a good idea to ask for help in the restaurant during the busy times, but I do think this is an option. Also if your going into the dollar store and asking for help from a clerk to help you shop, yes asking them to help you acrss the street is doable. Again I would say employees should be helping you. Alos nnot during the busy times when customers are coming in and there is no one to help. Maybe find out at both places, at the restaurant and dollar store, when there is an extra person on staff, someone you have built up a relationship with, and go every week if you need. if its every day then I would say that you should find other options. Are there neighbors that ever walk over to the dollar store? Are there other business in the area that employees could help.

Good luck and let us know what happens,

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone
http://adventureswith2feet4paws.blogspot.com