[nfb-db] affiliate president's survey of deaf-blind

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 23:59:54 UTC 2013

Janice,
I am so very very hapy to hear about this. I remember hearing on the stream of the general session that Alaska, was deafblind. I also noticed that Dr. Mauer was not very nice in giving the ALaska person to respond. This made me mad. How inconsiderate. I know of 4 federationists in my state who are DB, I know of other DB people, who are not NFB'ers too. I am glad that the search for more DB persons is being done. I am curious about the scholarship winners, who were the DB winners? How much or little hearing did they have? Did they need an SSp? I wonder if a person who was totally blind and deaf, who required an SSP would be given the chance to be a scholarship winner. I also wonder if there is some discimination in the scholarship process in this regard.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone