[nfb-db] affiliate president's survey of deaf-blind

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 22:01:23 UTC 2013

Scott, I agree, this me, myself, realizes that I must rely on people for lots of things in my life, as well as people rely on me. I as a person, as a deafblind person, I am okay with my level of independence. I neither rely too much or little on people, no one makes the desicions for me. Its when people around me, have issues with what I call is independent.

I have to say that as of lately, I would say that my state was in that category of persons who did not think I was "independent" but they are starting to really understand. For example I am helping with the BELL program. There are things I just can't do, I have tried. Its just not safe with children. They are being sympathic, understanding and most of all listening to what I need, or trying to help come up with ideas that might make life easier. I am very very proud of my state.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone