[nfb-db] nadb

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 12:56:05 UTC 2013

Hi Marcha.
It's a long story, so I'll spare you the details and drama. Especially
since it's hard to figure out where the truth really is, as we know,
it typically is found somewhere between all the different versions of
things out there. There is a lack of transparency between membership
and the Board of Directors, which tends to make many of the members
not trust the BOD. To be honest, I'm not quite certain myself exactly
why things have broken down, and speculation would only add flame to
the fire as it were.
As for the mailing list, it's for members only, and they screen each
email address that requests to join. It's a Google Group called
AADB-L.
I'm hoping to go to Baltimore in August at some point for other things
not directly related to the DB Devision. The tentative plan is to find
a day to meet up with Randy to go to CD. This is to meet with the NLS
devision of the Library of Congress, but since he has yet to get back
with me on a date, I'm holding off on making any sort of definitive
plans. I'm certainly not involved in the Board or other happenings
within the devision at the moment, but am willing to do what I can as
a member.

Scott