[nfb-db] FCC to distribute assistive technology to people with combined hearing and vision loss

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:30:19 UTC 2013

Sheila,

When you were fitted for the hearing aids, did they happen to say that you have a 40 or 50 or 60 or a higher number DB loss. No one ever explained this to me until recently. For example I am at a 100 to 110 DB loss, I am on the edge of being able to use hearing aids, and having to go for a Cochlier Implant. Next time you go to the doctor, ask about your hearing loss. I know numbers do not mean alot, because I am sure that depending on the person and situation we can either function better or worse than that number. I am learning, so sorry if I got something wrong.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone
http://adventureswith2feet4paws.blogspot.com