[nfb-db] FCC to distribute assistive technology to people with combined hearing and vision loss

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Fri Mar 22 21:55:50 UTC 2013

Hi Marsha,
I am not the technology wizard that Scott is since that is what he does
at HKNC. However, using the Phonak FM system that uses a Zoom, the
rectangular directional "microphone" that other people wear and sends
messages to the "Icom" that I wear. The Icom is receiver that gives me
the blue tooth capability. I do not know what the 3g and 4g you are
referring in relation to the all this. But with the Icom I can connect
to my laptop, listen to my digital recorder or NLS player (with an
connecting cable).
Best,
Janice