[nfb-db] HKNC

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:09:46 UTC 2013

Scott,

Thank you very much for your perspective. Its exactly the sort of information I was looking for.

As I mentioned in my first  and original post on this topic, my blindness skills are good, have been in place for a while and I do what I need without much trouble. Its now dealing with a hearing loss that has become challenging.

Those things you mentioned getting are exactly the same things I need. So I am assuming that Scott, you were visually impaired first and then lost your hearing?

I am a very self motivated person, one of my major goals is to finish my educattion and go to work. I want to work. I am not the type of person to be happy sitting on my bum at home doing nothing. I live an active life now, and although things are challenging, I want to learn skills that will help me in continueing to be an active person.

Scott, if your comfortable, please share more experiences of your time as a student at HKNC. Of course I do not want to get you into trouble. So please just talk about your experiences as a student. I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thank you,

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone