[nfb-db] anyone on this list at hknc?

Gene Richburg gene5402 at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 1 18:18:34 UTC 2013

Hi Scott, no, actually I'm working with Christine Chan, she is my dars case
manager, she has a lot of experience under her belt, she use to work with
the deaf consumers back when we had the texas rehave connition, trc, then I
have Gail Ploman, who is the team leader of the db apartment program that I
live in.  Cc Davis is in Dalas, and we have 2 or 3 db specialests here in
austin, so things are probably just about as covered as they can, if ya know
what I mean!  Yes, it is in my plan for dars to get me aids, and that's one
of the reasons I'm coming, I'm tired of putting up with local specialests
who want to know how to work with a db person, they just don't know how, and
some of them don't know all the ends and outs of hearing aids.  There
telling me that my expectations are to high, but what doesn't make since, is
that I seem to hear better with older aids then I do with new ones, like go
figure.