[nfb-db] Trying to use the computer with just a Keyboard

Gene Richburg gene5402 at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 2 14:50:29 UTC 2013

Hi April, are you using a desktop or a laptop?  If you’re using a laptop, sometimes there is a key called the f n key that you have to hold down to make key comonations work, like alt f4 for instance, alt f4 is usually used to close programs, and let’s say you’re in a browser, since some times web pages open in windows from inside the browser windo, you would use control f4 to close the window.  Now, some times it can get tricky when new web pages open, if you don’t pay attention, and you do alt f4 you’ll close the browser out altogether, internet explorer will warn
you of this but I don’t know if fire fox does.  Also, if you use alt tab and alt shift tab, you can cycle through all the different programs/windows you have open.  Alt tab will move you forward through everything, and alt shift tab will move you backwards.  Did you know about these combonations?  Just remember, it’s very important, that you hold the alt key down firmly when you try to do these combonations, otherwise they will not work.  Let me know if you have anymore questions.