[nfb-db] My thoughts on training centers blind, and deaf blind.

gene richburg gene5402 at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 5 21:49:23 UTC 2013

Hi, yeah, you know I tried to take an asl class at the criss cole rehav
center here in austin.  There was a teacher who able to some what teach me,
so we would have class, and I was starting to chach on to things, but the
class term wasn't long enough, then she tried to record a tape of all the
different signs she taught me, so on the tape, I would hear the sign, then I
was supose to practice them.  Now as you can probably imagine, it's kind of
hard to do things this way, and you hope you can remember how you're suppose
to do each one, then, if you get it rong, then it's harder to undo the way
you're doing it, then do it the right way, well at least sometimes it is.
That is one of the things I hope to learn at HKNC, because I'm really tired
of a db program that has mostly deaf staff, I can't communicate with them,
and it makes it very dificult, plus my hearing is nearily gone as well, so I
fiel I really need to learn while I have the best chance in the world, if ya
know what I mean Lol.