[nfb-db] My thoughts on training centers blind, and deaf blind.

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Mon Nov 11 01:51:36 UTC 2013

Hi Randy,
I am very curious as well.  I hope to learn tactile ASL.  I do not want
my total blind to limit my ability to learn something.

I do not think I have ever had so much talk at a NFB State Convention
about adapting and learning skills so that blindness becomes a
"nuisance" rather than a disability.  It was motivating; but when the
ALD did not work and Christine Telford from DORS was sometimes permitted
by her boss to voice for me so I could hear.  I find it very frustrating
much of the time to to the lack of hearing.

However,  the SSP resolution was unanimously passed.
Janice