[nfb-db] ideas please

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 18:24:23 UTC 2013

Hi,
As some of you know I have only been in the DB world for 2 years, so I admit I have alot to learn. I am needing ideas in what I should do. I have been having some medical issues, and when to the doctor this morning. I am being admitted to the hospital for tests on Monday. One of the tests I will need to be put asleep thus under anesthesia. They would like for me to take out my hearing aids. But what they do not understand, and have tried to explain, that if I remove my hearing aids, I will not hear important instructions. I am totally blind, so relying on my vision is not an option. What do I do? My husband will be there, we could also use sign if needed. But I can't have been the only one to have ever been in this situation.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you,

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone