[nfb-db] DB digest 57, issue 12

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Tue Oct 29 17:28:52 UTC 2013

Hi Heather,

It must be extremely frustrating to have the motivation to learn tactile
ASL and receive support online for how to learn but find no workable
solution in your area of Texas.  I share your frustration and feel your
pain in wanting to improve your communication skills in order to prepare
for future declines in your hearing  as well as working to alleviate the
suffering of disabled refugees.  I don't see how DARS won't help you
because even if it is a volunteer job, this might lead to a paid job
working with refugees.
Janice