[nfb-db] Introduction

heather albright kd5cbl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 19:36:00 UTC 2013

Well, that sounds bad!  Here in Texas, you can open a case six months after
moving here!  I know some states like Louisiana run out of money at june  or
something, they have to wait till the fall to get more money to run the
services!  Do you havea perkins brailler or a slate and stylus?  I know our
NLS program here in Texas used to lend the braillers out from the library!
Did you contact the local NFB chapter, it helps to have support to justify
what you need! You can get a free cane from the NFB.  I know hadley gives
out free abacuses when you take the course but I don't know if they give out
slates or not!  Heather