[nfb-db] My trip to Seattle for the Washington deaf blind citizens meeting.

Cherifields at aol.com Cherifields at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 05:20:08 UTC 2014

Well said Rox.  --  Cheri

In a message dated 4/17/2014 7:31:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pawpower4me at gmail.com writes:

The issues happening at HK are typical of issues happening in blindness
and other agencies across the country.  This includes lack of  representation
by the population they serve in middle, upper, and executive  positions, and
on the governing board.
this needs to change, not just at HKNC, but at NIB and other agencies
serving blind and Deafblind people.
Like many agencies, HKNC advocates for the inclusion of the population
they serve, but when the rubber meets the road, they, themselves stand in the
way of that inclusion by keeping people will disabilities out of positions
of  authority.  Hopefully this will change, and I have reason to think, that
at least at HKNC, progress is being made in this area.

Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
_Pawpower4me at gmail.com_ (mailto:Pawpower4me at gmail.com)
Sent from my iPhone