[nfb-db] fm systgems

Trish palhub at optonline.net
Mon Aug 4 15:02:08 UTC 2014

I've been trying an FM System  but I'md  not doing well with it.   For one
thing, I don't like turning on the telecoil on my CI or HA.  I'm afraid I'm
not going to get it on or shut if off right.

And the FM doesn't real sound right.  I can't really  explain it.

I prefer wearing headphones.  The sound goes directly into my ears and
there's no background interfereance.

Somebody mentioned the Pocket Talker.  I used that in 2003 between my two CI
surgeries, the bomb one and the   successful one.  I was trying to find
alternate  routes to afvoid having to have the surgery again.

It wasn't good  enough on one ear though.  And the bomb surgery in 2002
destroyed what had been left of the  hearing in other ear.  I like the idea
of the Pocketalker or at least having a headset for the FM System, rather
than

Having to turn the t-coils on.  Right now, I don't have my HA.  I sent it
back to the audiologist at HKNC because I felt it was clogged from humidity
and sweating.  I'll get it back at some point.

I'm going to ask her what she thinks of Pocket Talker.

Trish