[nfb-db] Deaf Inclusion Training

Keitei Colton kekiangeles111 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:25:23 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am putting on a presentation/training for a few student groups at the University of Utah. I am wanting to include Deaf-Blind perspectives to help with the presentation/training. Could anyone help me?  Some questions that I would like to share answers for at the presentation/training are as following:

1. Is there a Deaf-Blind community?
2. What are some methods of communicating with a Deaf-blind person?
3. What is tactile sign language?
4. Is Braille helpful?
5. Did you learn ASL as your first language?
6. What are some of the struggles that you personally face?
7. How can someone best help you?

If you want to help, please email me with any suggestions/tips and answer the questions to the questions from your personal experience.

Best,

Keitei Colton