[nfb-db] Service Animal Delays Flight

Darlene Laibl-Crowe via nfb-db nfb-db at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 14:03:07 UTC 2014

Oh, Man!  Not sure what the whole story is…but I wonder if the ariways will use this as an example to deter service animal travel.

It is the handler’s responsibility to be sure that the animal is properly busied.  Another thing, is that if you know you are going to travel then don’t feed the dog before leaving, wait till you reach your destination.   Or at least feed him/her several hours before leaving and making sure the busy business has been taken care of.

And, always find out from the airlines where the relief area is so that it is tend care of before the flight.  Better to be safe than sorry.  The animals are like our children, we have to tend to their needs, it isn’t going to wait on us.

I will read more as soon as I get a chance!

Thanks for sharing!
(smile)
Darlene